Sunday, June 2, 2019

"Danger Next Door" - Short But Decent

“Danger Next Door” by Katie Reus


I obtained a copy of this book from my wonderful friends at Net Galley and the publisher, who graciously allowed me to read it. I have not read anything by Katie before and I did not read the first book in this series, but it was fine as this can be read as a standalone novel. 

I would give this book 3.5 stars out of 5. It was a great book and I would recommend it to someone looking for a quick read. That being said, the book was short and I was able to complete it in one sitting. I typically have no issue with finishing a book in one sitting, but the shortness of the novel left me feeling as though it was rushed. There were definitely places whereby the characters and the plot could have been developed more.  

I enjoyed the aspect of the serial killer/stalker and the mystery associated with the plot. I would have liked to have seen this character’s perspective more throughout the novel. There was a lot of missed opportunities to develop the characters and the plot into something more substantive. 

That being said, Grant and Belle’s characters were interesting and both had their own insecurities that lended to their overall chemistry. Grant’s physical scars versus Belle’s emotional scars was a great juxtaposition. Many of the minor characters left the author with the ability to carry on the series. The title is misleading and without knowing anything about the book itself I would have assumed that the neighbour was the danger.

Overall, it was a good read, but as previously noted I felt that it was rushed and there was a lot of missed opportunity to develop the characters and the plot to make the overall product more intriguing. If you are interested in getting your hands on a copy of this book, visit our friends at Amazon for the Ebook for your Kindle or tablet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

FEATURED POST

Why We Love Romance. . .

We Love Romance. We Say It Loud and Proud. What is there to love about romance?? The romance genre has so many sub-genres that y...

Review Request Form

Name

Email *

Message *