Friday, May 17, 2019

There Is Nothing Savage About “Savage News” by Jessica Yellin



There Is Nothing Savage About “Savage News” by Jessica Yellin


I’ll be honest, I thought this book would have romance and competing lovers. Nope. Nada. I got to Chapter 9 before I gave up. The concept of the plot is intriguing, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. There was a lot of misogyny and I think this turned me from reading the remainder. I felt that Natalie’s character should have been stronger when it came to the sexist that she experienced at the hands of those who work with her. The fear that a female may lose a job or an opportunity if she doesn’t cozy up to Hal is absolutely demoralizing.

Do I realize that sexism still occurs in the workplace? Yes! Women all across the world continuing to struggle to overcome the archaic ideals about women and our limitations. I felt Natalie sat by instead of stepping to the plate and making a stance. The book itself is well written and I can’t comment on anything after


Chapter 9 because I lost interest. I believe I lost interest because I could not connect with Natalie. There was little commonality that I could attach myself to and I felt that a stronger character could have overcome that.Sorry, Jessica, But I would not read this book.. as a matter of fact.. I didn’t get past Chapter 9. That’s not saying that others won’t enjoy this novel, but it certainly wasn’t my cup of team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEATURED POST

Why We Love Romance. . .

We Love Romance. We Say It Loud and Proud. What is there to love about romance?? The romance genre has so many sub-genres that y...

Review Request Form

Name

Email *

Message *